Friday, July 17, 2009

Companies that have ticked me off

This article has been a long time coming, I just wasn't ready to write it yet. Thankfully by waiting I've been able to add to the list. So, without further ado, here goes.

Quality Movers: First off, STAY AWAY from them. They are the WORST moving company I have ever dealt with. Long story short is this. We asked to move on a specific date three months in advance. We were told that was perfect and they would see us then. That day rolls around and the movers are a no show. I send my family off 1500 miles on their own while I take a day off work and wait for them to show up. After several phone calls to them I'm told they will be there. They show up at 10:30 at NIGHT. They do a half ass rush job of loading the truck in darkness and realize they don't have enough room to get all our stuff on so they need to come back. I had to be at my weekend drill with the Army the next day so I said fine, but they had to be done by 5pm latest. They said they would see me by noon. They show up at three instead. They were not going to be done by 5. I had to call my Brother to finish up so I could go to drill. The topping on the cake was the bill. Because WE didn't estimate correctly it went from just under $1000 to almost $6000. Are you friggin kidding me? What can you do at this point but agree. They already have half your stuff somewhere and I'm leaving the state in two days.

And then it gets worse. We were told 7-10 days for delivery time. The fine print states 21 days max. Guess what. On the 21st day we got our stuff. I'm sure if I hadn't made repeated phone calls it would have been longer. The lady that worked in the office would give us one date. That date would pass with no belongings being delivered. I would call and ask her why I was told a date only for it to not happen. She would basically say she never said that. Was she calling me a LIAR?

So we finally get our stuff later in the day on the 21st day. We were told our price went up so much because we had soooo much stuff that we would be using an entire truck. Well, when all was said and done we used just over 1/4 of a trailer. Just about what we had estimated. So we paid for an entire trailer but didn't use an entire trailer. So to sum up the horrible Quality Movers experience: Very Rude customer service. Very Rude. The operator of Indian (dot not feather) race was particularly rude. We were ripped off on the price, and they damaged some of our stuff. On top of that it took them forever to get our stuff delivered. Stay away from Quality Movers at all costs. It would be cheaper to buy everything new. We have a claim in with their claim department but I"m not optimistic. Lucky I have photos of how much trailer we used if I have to go to the next level.

Aqua Texas: Why I hate them. They buy up small water companies and then turn around and triple the rates on customers. Our water bill is $189.00 before water usage. That portion is for sewer and fees. Tack on the water usage and you are looking at over $200 a month. They don't improve the system in anyway to justify the cost. If they do guess what, your bill goes up more to pay for the labor to improve the system. They are evil plain and simple.

Apple. I love Apple but lately I've become a bit disturbed by them. From releasing glitchy iPhones to draconian rules on their app store they are turning in to a large company that walks over their customers. I'm not so mad at them I'll stop using their products, but I am keeping my eye on them. Hell, who am I kidding....I love you Apple, try harder to not be such assholes at times.

AT&T. Need I explain this one? Besides shoddy service, making us iPhone users wait for god knows how long for MMS and tethering, horrible customer service, and did I mention crappy ass service? I wanted to change my number after I moved. I hate having to dial an area code for everything local to me. Seemed easy enough. Made a phone call, waited on hold for a few minutes, got transfered around a few times, gave each person I talked to my phone number, name, and last four of the social (like 7 times...really?) until I get to someone that can help. She was great, we chatted while she did her thing, even read me the list of numbers and let me choose one I wanted. Perfect. We get it all set up, I send out dozens of texts, emails, and phone calls updating everyone with my new number. Later that evening I discover although I can make calls, send and receive texts, I can't get incoming calls! They go to some dude's voice mail. (Hey fella, if you are reading this sorry about the goofy messages from my kid, she didn't know.) So I call AT&T around 10pm hoping to get it resolved. I figured my SIM card didn't fully update or something. Well, it turns out AT&T doesn't support contract phones after business hours. Only prepay customers get 24 hour support. WTF? So the loyal contract user is ass out while some dickhead that can't get a contract gets priority? That is jacked up and ass backwards. So I call the next day. I call the SAME number I used the night before. Only this operator tells me she can't help, and gives me a new number to call. So I call that number and it is for promotions. So I call the old number, wait on hold, and get a second number to call. It rings and rings and rings and rings and nothing answers. So I call back, get a THIRD number to call and finally get someone. After dicking around with this guy for about 15 minutes I'm told he can't figure it out but someone will call me that day with a resolution. I ask how they are going to call me if it is the only phone I have and the calls do not go to me. Good Point, I'm told. So he puts me through to tech support. At least this guy had a brain and in about 5 minutes figures out AT&T does not own the number they gave me and I have to get a new number. But don't worry pal, I'll put a note on your account so you are not charged for a new number. What? It was free the first time, why wouldn't correcting a mistake be free as well? So yeah, they need to work on customer support big time. Especially the 3 different phone number thing to get help, I was ready to commit homicide over that.

Seja o primeiro a comentar