Wednesday, February 18, 2009

New Photos, New Purchases

So I've been and will be a spending fool for the next few days. Thanks to a decent tax return and some student loan refunds I have been able to invest in some things that I've been needing, and some things that I've been wanting. My 17" MacBook Pro is on order and should be arriving in a few weeks, I just bought the 24" LCD monitor to go with it and I can't wait to use them together!

I'm also getting my 40 caliber SIG handgun soon. I've been wanting one for years. Since BO is going to try and outlaw the lower receiver of M4's I'm getting one this weekend too. Hell, I have to protect my new toys right?

Last but not least, I've gotten a new camera lens. I purchased the Sigma 150-500mm lens. I'm a bit of a Nikon snob, but this lens is great for the price. You can get great shots hand holding at 500mm. The images tend to need more sharpening than usual but that is easy. At times contrast is soft as well, but fixed in camera raw. Here are some shots I took while at work. All these shots were taken shooting through filmy glass windows, which may give you an idea how nice this lens is.





1 Comentário:

Doug Doran said...

I am a fan of your photography.
I think that you could frame some of those and sell them as art.